Saturday, October 13, 2012

2 people, 2 dogs, 1 moving truck

I am slightly shocked that it has already been over a month here in the Windy City! That's right, Adam and I moved to Chicago for his job promotion. He's now the Territory Manager for his company. We have an ongoing slogan, "Home is where Newell-Rubbermaid takes us." We also know that this little journey is all part of God's plan for us, and knowing that has saved me many times from having a panic attack. I have had 3 license plates on my car since I got it new July 4, 2011! Her name is Minnie Pearl, and she has lived in 3 states- TN, CA, & now her new home- IL.
 
I realized before I started writing about our already amazing time here in Chicago, I wanted to backtrack to our gorgeous, scenic drive we had on the move out!
 
Here we go! We left on a Thursday afternoon, and arrived on Sunday night. I can't say I would want to make this drive again, but we made the most of it! 
 Route 1
We drove the big beast and pulled Minnie Pearl behind to save her miles.
After a rain storm leaving CA
 Good morning Utah
 Daizee got to drive that big beast and I didn't!
Pit stop to view the gorgeous look outs over the canyons
 Colorado River - This was one of our favorite parts!
 So much fun driving through all of the little ski resort towns!  
Sweet sissy's were so good all 4 days of our trip! Cuddled the entire way!
We made it to our new state!
 
And that was our journey!
PS...I spared you on the miles upon miles of corn, and more corn!


1 comment:

  1. Jennifer Franklin10/14/2012 5:10 PM

    Another good post! Can't wait to visit your new state :)

    ReplyDelete