Tuesday, November 13, 2012

So far, in the Windy City

I love living somewhere that I can walk out of our building to restaurants, shopping, grocery stores, etc. We have had a blast so far here in Chicago, and have much more on the list of things we want to do, but here are some of the things we have done so far!
 
1. The first thing we did was find a church! Our pastors in San Diego set us up with their friends, Pastors Kent & Alli Munsey! If you visit Chicago, or live here, be sure to check out City Church Chicago!
 
2. Two words: deep dish. As a pizza addict, I also made it a priority to get some Chicago deep dish right away! I was hooked at first bite! But, I will have to admit that I'm a bit disappointed that I can't eat as much as I can normal pizza. Still...it is so good! Savour every buttery bite!
 
3. Navy Pier - I could not wait to get on the Ferris Wheel! Such a cool part of Chicago with amazing views!
 

4. John Hancock - 95th Floor - We went up here to start our anniversary night off, and we were less than a month new to the city, so it was awesome to see everything- literally everything! Breath taking! I work in this building on the 31st floor, but I have to say, the 95th is just a tad better.

5. Lincoln Park Zoo - FREE - We just recently went here, and I have to say, I love my neighborhood! Love that we can walk to a zoo, and it's not just what you would picture a free Zoo to look like! They had all the big animals and such beautiful views of the city. Romantic and fun day date, especially when it starts pouring down rain and you run to the nearest pup for some yummy, greasy grub, then walk back home in the rain!

 
 
6. Shopping/let's be honest-more of Window Shopping!
Chicago is home to some of the best shopping, and working on N. Michigan, it is a very hard temptation to walk home from work each day without making stops into all my favorite stores along the way. Magnificent Mile is definitely a must, even if you just walk to awe yourself over all the beauty! Good luck holding on to your wallet, fellow gazers.
 

This doesn't complete our list of what we've done, but that's all I have time for now! Besides the pizza above, we have eaten at several great restaurants, but perhaps I'll dedicate an entire post for those at some point as we get around to more. Deep dish deserved to make this list. Food is our hobby.

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer Franklin11/13/2012 9:28 PM

    So cute! Can't wait to visit the Windy City :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Sounds like such an amazing place!!!

    ReplyDelete